If you want one-on-one time with dynamite professionals while experiencing the beguiling splendor of Ireland, read further to find out more.
Writers' Conference with Tours of Counties Galway, Mayo & Clare
Moe is interested in fictional works for all ages from picture books through adult readers (and graphic novels) in most genres. She's LGBTQ+ friendly across all age groups and always looking for more #ownvoices clients. She is also interested in select narrative nonfiction titles in the areas of LGBTQ studies, musical theatre, and classical music. At this time she's not looking for women's fiction or cozy mysteries.
You can follow Moe on Twitter at @inthesestones.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:
These two instructors will be sharing their experience and wisdom across multiple genres. So whether you're writing a mystery or thriller, a YA novel, historical, non-fiction, or something else, Mark and Moe can help you bring your story to life and make it sell.
If you’re ready to take your writing seriously, and make long range career plans, join us for this conference and tour in the beautiful west of Ireland.
Your conference and tour base will be a tiny village in the west of Ireland. This tranquil setting is home to quite a few artists, musicians and writers because of its inspiring atmosphere. The peace and dramatic beauty of the area can have a profound effect on your writing. At the same time, you'll be touring throughout the western half of the country to the varied sights listed below.
Our Tour begins at 2:00pm with a shuttle pick up in Galway City
Participants are whisked away to the hotel where they can freshen up before -
- A tour of a 14th Century Abbey, the best-preserved ruin of its type
- Evening - Back to your hotel for a brief rest before the welcoming banquet and a talk from our featured guest teachers.
A tour of –
- 12th Century Castle
- Ancient Stone Circle
- Stop for lunch in a Quaint Old Village with loads of history and legend, followed by:
- Opening workshop with Mark and Moe
- A 7th Century Abbey
- Largest lake in the Republic of Ireland
- A hike through a faire forest to a cave with eerie true stories
- Dinner at your leisure in the village
A full day of writers conference, exercises, and individual editing, with a break for lunch
A tour of -
- The tallest round tower in existence, circa 7th century
- Beautiful bay with picturesque sailboats and currachs
- A castle featured in so many photos, you’re sure to recognize it!
- The Burren
- The most famous dolmen in Ireland, a burial site of ancient king
- Charming seaside town with excellent homemade Irish fudge
- Cliffs of Moher – possibly the most photographed and breath-taking scenery in Ireland
Visit to the 16th century castle home of a pirate queen
Dinner in Galway and a pub crawl
A tour into the heart of Connemara, including yet another castle.
This conference/tour will be limited to twelve participants to ensure individual attention, and will be tailored to the needs of the writers who enroll.